Paying New Orleans Property Taxes (WAIT. We can help possibly save you thousands in taxes.)
We encourage you to contact us and let us look over your information to see how much we can save you in property taxes. Call 504-405-3230
There are three easy ways to pay your sales taxes online. The websites are secure, reliable, and will save you time. You do not have to calculate the amount of tax due. Our websites calculate the taxes due automatically. Credit cards are accepted on the https://services.nola.gov/ website only. On the Parish E-File website you may pay your City of New Orleans and State of Louisiana sales taxes together.
Select only ONE of the following websites:
Sales Tax Forms
The Bureau of Revenue offers downloadable sales tax forms for those who need them. These forms include
- Hotel/Motel Sales Tax Return and Hotel Occupancy Privilege Tax return for hotel/motel establishments
- Occupational License renewal form
- Sales/Use/Parking Tax Return for all businesses
- Request for a waiver of penalty due to delinquency/underpayment of taxes
- Renewal form for hazardous material emergency preparedness service charge
Click here for more information and downloadable sales tax forms from the Bureau of Revenue.
NOLA Property Tax
City Reminds Residents of Extended Deadline for 2022 Property Tax Bill Payments
The City of New Orleans today reminded residents the deadline for the 2022 property tax payments has been extended to March 15, 2022. All property tax bills for 2022 have been mailed and are also available online.
Homeowners will have until March 15 to submit tax bill payments before interest accrues at 1 percent per month.
Residents can avoid lines at City Hall by using the following payment methods:
- Mail payments with the scannable bill stub using the enclosed envelope.
- Accepted forms of payment include personal check, money order or cashier’s check.
- Online payments are also accepted via the City’s website.
- No convenience fees will be processed when using electronic checking accounts (e-check).
- Credit or Debit card use is available 24/7, and a 2.49 percent processing fee will be added.
- Payments are posted effective the date of submission (only full payments are accepted via the City’s website).
Curbside drop off is available Friday, March 11, Monday, March 14 and Tuesday, March 15:
- Accepted forms of payment include personal check, money order or cashier’s check (cash will not be accepted).
- Must include the bill stub, the property address and bill number
- No receipt will be provided.
Quick serve and drop off locations will be available at New Orleans Public Libraries Monday, March 14 and Tuesday, March 15:
- East New Orleans Regional Library, 5641 Read Blvd.
- Norman Mayer Library, 3001 Gentilly Blvd.
- Algiers Regional Library, 3014 Holiday Drive
City of New Orleans employees will be available at each drop-off location from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Please submit sealed envelopes containing no more than three property tax stubs and payments. Cash will not be accepted, and receipts will not be provided.
For more information, please contact the Bureau of Treasury at (504) 658-1712 or (504) 658-1720.
How to Pay Your Property Taxes
To pay your property taxes online, you will need your tax bill number. Search for your Real Estate bill number by visiting the Assessor’s website or call (504) 658-1712. If you need your Business Personal Property Tax number call (504) 658-1350.
Hotel/Motel Tax, Occupational License Renewal
Our property tax abatement service can possibly save you thousands on your property taxes so please contact us first! Call 504-405-3230